The Dual Enrollment Program at Grand Rapids Community College provides collegiate credit for high school students who meet the admission criteria. All credits earned through Dual Enrollment classes will be part of your official GRCC college transcript. Please download the Dual Enrollment Brochure here:
Qualifications for the Dual Enrollment Program:
- At least 14 years of age and pursuing a high school diploma,
- Maintaining a high school cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- If the student has not yet established a high school transcript, the application will be reviewed on a case by case basis, to be decided by both the high school counselor and the GRCC Dual Enrollment Coordinator.
- Meet and submit the Michigan Qualifying scores for tests approved by the state (PLAN, PSAT, EXPLORE, MME, SAT, ACT, COMPASS) (Required for rising 9th grade and homeschool students.)
- Approved by your high school counselor and/or principal,
- Desiring to take classes that are not available through your high school.
How do you apply?
- Meet with your high school counselor and/or principal to discuss the Dual Enrollment process.
- Complete the Dual Enrollment application.
- Obtain approval signatures.
- Request a copy of your high school transcript from your high school guidance office.
- Send application and official transcript to the Admissions Office at GRCC.
Students are required to attend the Dual Enrollment Orientation program. Details are sent in the admissions letter.
Applications should be received by the following deadlines for better class selection:
Summer and Fall – April 15
Winter – October 15
Information Sessions on Dual Enrollment:
The Dual Enrollment Information Session is an opportunity for students and parents to learn more about the program and application process, prior to submitting an application. They are optional and attendance is not required.
The information sessions will be held in the Wisner-Botrall Applied Technology Center Auditorium (Rm 168). The building is on the corner of Ransom and Fountain Streets. Parking is available in the student ramp and will be validated at the session. Please pull a ticket when entering the parking ramp. There is no RSVP required for the Information Sessions.
Summer Semester Info Session will be held on February 21, 2013 at 6 pm.
Fall Semester Info Session will be held on March 18, 2013 at 6 pm.
If you have any further questions or would like additional assistance, please contact the Admissions Office at (616) 234-3567 or email email@example.com.