Our honors program is a small community of highly motivated students who want more out of their college experience. Success in this program is not only measured by academic performance, degree completion or transfer, but also includes building collaborative relationships with faculty and peers.
Each year, students will develop strong leadership, research and service-learning skills while earning their degrees together. With personalized guidance and student support, we focus on helping you meet your full potential as a lifelong learner.
- A cohort experience unlike any in the nation. Honors students will experience a built-in support network of students and faculty to promote community and collaboration.
- Preferential enrollment.
- Unique opportunities to learn alongside influential college leaders such as the president, provost, and even local leaders like the mayor of Grand Rapids.
- Combined service learning and study away experiences in which you will find ways to serve and explore other communities.
- The opportunity to create a scholarship project showcasing your individual passions, and the opportunity to present your work at local, regional or national conferences.
- Dedicated advisors to help you develop clear pathways to degree completion and/or a successful transfer to a four-year institution.
- A competitive edge for transfer and employment applications upon completion.
- Scholarship award for program completion (up to $500).
Students who have applied and been accepted by the college and meet the below criteria:
- Incoming freshmen who have a either a 3.5 Cumulative GPA, or 1160 SAT score, or a 24 Composite ACT score are encouraged to apply.
- Current students who are eligible for college-level math, english, and reading courses "and" earned at least 6 college-level credits "and" has a 3.5 overall GPA for all completed college-level coursework
- Provisional Admission—students who are close to meeting the criteria and have records of significant and meaningful extracurricular academic achievement, outstanding community service or exemplary leadership positions will be considered.
- Complete and submit the online program application.
- Each application will be reviewed and an in-person interview may be requested.
Proud members of the National Collegiate Honors Council.