2013-2014 Approved Study Away Experiences
- AD 248 and 258 “Community/Transcultural Nursing”, Sherry Knoppers, 10 days in Costa Rica during August 2014
- HU 219 “Global Studies and International Travel”, Hillery Haney, 12 days traveling Morocco during May 2014
- HU 219 “Global Studies and International Travel”, Aleta Anderson, 13 days traveling Germany during May 2014
All students participating in any of the Study Away experiences will follow these procedures:
- You will need to create an OrgSync account
- You will need to add Experiential Learning as a group
- If during our criminal history check we are made aware of federal or state drug convictions, we are obligated to share that information with the GRCC Financial Aid Office to assure we are in compliance with federal student eligibility requirements. A student may be ineligible for financial aid due to a drug conviction.
- Students are to have essential abilities (skills, phyical functions, communication, emotional coping and behavioral attributes) to be successfulI in study away experiences. If a student has a disability and feels they can achieve the course objectives with reasonable accommodations, the student should contact Disability Support Services at (616-23-4140 or email@example.com).
2. The Department of Experiential Learning will process the Student Intake Form. Students meeting the below criteria will be moved forward in the process:
- Be a GRCC student (degree-seeking preferred)
- Be over the age of 18
- Be in good academic standing (not below a 2.0)
- Have a good Code of Conduct record
- Have a clean Background Check
- Must have proof of Health Insurance (more information)
- Have no outstanding fees owed to the College
- Have adequate financial means to participate in the experience
3. Once approved, students will be billed for the Study Away experience he or she has applied to. Know that there are set deadlines for making on-time payments. Students will also be enrolled into the appropriate course(s) designated for the Study Away experience.
4. Students are required to attend all orientations facilitated by your Faculty Leader.
5. Students are required to complete and submit the following forms to the Department of Experiential Learning:
- Assumption of Risk Form
- Emergency Contact Information Form
- Health Information Form
- Health Insurance Coverage Certification Form