Grand Rapids Community College offers high-quality English proficiency instruction, to residents in neighborhood sites that are accessible and familiar. English and Citizenship instruction are provided by GRCC, Word ESL and Literacy Center instructors.
The goal of the ESL program is to help individuals acquire English proficiency and continue to achieve their educational, employment and personal goals.
The West Side Learning Corner has relocated to meet the rising demand for its GED® preparation and ESL programs. Classes are now held at one of two locations:
-Wealthy Learning Corner, 1154 Wealthy Street SE. From Sept. 9 to Dec. 20, 2013 hours are 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and closed on Friday.
-Leslie E. Tassell M-TEC, 622 Godfrey Ave. SW. From September 16 to December 21, 2013 hours are 5 - 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. on Saturday.
Participant requirements for ESL Program:
- Must be 20 years of age.
- Must attend an orientation.
- Must take pre-tests and pay $5.00 non-refundable, assessment fee.
- Must score 181 - 235 on the CASAS Pre-test to be eligible in our program per state requirements.
- Must have a valid Michigan issued ID or Passport
- Must pay $25, non-refundable, registration fee per semester
Next ESL orientation:
December 9, 2013, by appointment only
December 10, 2013, by appointment only
December 14, 2013, by appointment only
Please call 234-3172 or email Lorena at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.