Welcome to the Grand Rapids Community College Financial Aid Office home page. You can access all of the services of our office on this website, including information on filing for financial aid, scholarships, grants and on-campus employment.
We strive to be more than ADA compliant. We strive to be accessible and welcoming to students of all abilities. If you need any assistance or accommodation in completing any components of the admissions, financial aid, orientation or enrollment processes, please contact us and let us know. In addition, Disability Support Services are available to assist students.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, you may contact us via email at email@example.com, by phone at 616-234-4030, or in person at the Enrollment Center in the Main Building. Our staff members will be happy to assist you.
Important News and Updates
- The Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) is used to authenticate the identity of students, parents and borrowers so they can access their federal student aid information. (Previously, this had been done through the Federal Student Aid PIN) Each user creates their own FSA ID and password. The registration process should take less than seven minutes. Accounts should only be created by the owner of the FSA ID.
- 2016-17 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is now available for fall 2016, winter 2017 and summer 2017 through FAFSA's website.
- Winter 2017 - Timely submission of financial aid is important. We need up to three weeks to process your financial aid after receiving all documentation. Student should apply for winter financial aid now using the 2016-17 FAFSA. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us!
- Important Semester Dates
- Check My Financial Aid Page
- Direct Subsidized Loan Limits
- **NEW** Repayment Plan available to all federal student loan borrowers.
Student Loan Origination Fee Update
The U.S. Department of Education recently decreased the student loan origination fees for Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans and for Parent PLUS loans. These decreases took effect for loans first disbursed on or after October 1, 2015.
Due to federal sequestration, Subsidized and Unsubsidized origination fees will decrease from 1.073% to 1.068% of the loan principal. Parent PLUS origination fees will decrease from 4.292% to 4.272% of the loan principal.
Refer to examples of how the loan fee is calculated on student loans.