Welcome to the Grand Rapids Community College Financial Aid Office home page. You can access all of the services of our office on this web site, including information on filing for financial aid, scholarships and grants, and on-campus employment.
GRCC strives to be more than ADA compliant. We strive to be accessible and welcoming to students of all abilities. If you need any assistance or accommodation in completing any components of the admissions, financial aid, orientation, or enrollment processes, please contact us and let us know. In addition, the GRCC's Disability Support Services are available to assist students. Visit www.grcc.edu/dss for more details.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, you may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (616) 234-4030, or in person at the Enrollment Center in the Main Building. Our staff members will be happy to assist you.
Important News and Updates
- The Federal Student Aid ID is used to authenticate the identity of students, parents, and borrowers so they can access their federal student aid information. (Previously, this had been done through the Federal Student Aid PIN) Each user creates their own FSA ID and password. The registration process should take less than seven minutes. Accounts should only be created by the owner of the FSA ID.
- Fall 2016 – Timely submission of financial aid is important. We need up to three weeks to process your financial aid after receiving all documentation. Students should apply for Fall financial aid now using the 2016-17 FAFSA. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us!
- Summer 2016 – You will need to complete the 2015-16 FAFSA to be considered for summer aid. Timely submission of financial aid is important. We need up to three weeks to process your financial aid after receiving all documentation. Students can still apply for Summer financial aid after this time. However, you may need to secure your classes with payment or using the FACTS payment plan prior to the processing of your aid.
- 2015-16 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is available for Fall 2015, Winter 2016, and Summer 2016 at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- 2016-17 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is now available for Fall 2016, Winter 2017, and Summer 2017 at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Important Semester Dates
- Check My Financial Aid Page
- Direct Subsidized Loan Limits
- **NEW** Repayment Plan available to all federal student loan borrowers.
FAFSA Completion Events
GRCC's Financial Aid Office is committed to providing students and their families with the information they need to navigate and understand the ofen confusing process of applying for financial aid. These events are designed to help you complete your FAFSA. It's free! And professionals will be there to help you through the process. Click on your preferred date and sign up now!
Student Loan Origination Fee Update
The U.S. Department of Education recently decreased the student loan origination fees for Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans and for Parent PLUS loans. These decreases will take effect for loans first disbursed on or after October 1, 2015.
Due to federal sequestration, Subsidized and Unsubsidized origination fees will decrease from 1.073% to 1.068% of the loan principal. Parent PLUS origination fees will decrease from 4.292% to 4.272% of the loan principal.
Click-->HERE<--for examples of how the loan fee is calculated on student loans.