NOTICE TO FAFSA FILERS:
- The IRS data retrieval tool (DRT) is currently unavailable. No timeline for the service restoration has been provided.
- We encourage student and parents to proceed with the FAFSA completion using 2015 federal income tax returns or tax transcripts.
- If you need assistance, please contact us at 616-234-4030 or visit the Enrollment Center.
You may correct (update) your FAFSA income data by importing the federal tax information directly from the IRS. By correcting your FAFSA, using this tool, you may not have to request a IRS Tax Transcript from the IRS to verify your FAFSA information.
- Log in to your FAFSA at: www.fafsa.gov
- Select make FAFSA Corrections
- Enter your FSA ID and Password
- Navigate to the "financial information section"
- Select "already completed my tax return"
- Select option to link to the IRS and follow the directions
- Complete these steps for student and parent(s), if applicable
- Click "transfer now" once your IRS data appears
- Do not change the IRS data after it has been transferred to your FAFSA
- Return to the FAFSA, sign and re-submit your FAFSA