The Mechanical and Architectural Design CAD Lab is located in the Applied Technology Center of Grand Rapids Community College. GRCC is an open access college that prepares individuals to attain their goals and contribute to the community. It is the mission of GRCC's Tutoring Labs to empower students to become independent, life-long learners.
Our Goals are to:
- Assist students to be successful with their coursework in line with classroom instruction.
- Engage students in their college experience by creating opportunities to interact with peers, faculty and staff based on individuals’ learning goals.
- Assist students to learn and apply the skills to become more independent learners.
The Mechanical and Architectural Design CAD Lab is a drop-in center where Tutors assist students who are enrolled in architecture and engineering programs. Students may come into the lab and do their Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) homework. Should you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
100 Year Anniversary
In celebration of GRCC’s 100 years, the Academic Support Center and the Academic Testing Center are combining efforts to collect 100 children's books on behalf of Safe Haven Ministries. Safe Haven Ministries offers comprehensive domestic abuse services to women and their children.
During the month of March, new or gently used children’s books, particularly books about feelings, can be dropped off at one of the following locations:
- Academic Support Office, 232 LRC or to any GRCC Tutorial Lab
- Academic Testing Center, 325 SCC
- Student Life
- Enrollment Center
- College Success Center
Safe Have Ministries also provided an updated list of recommended books that we can incorporate in our announcements:
- Today I Feel Silly by Jamie Lee Curtis
- The Way I Feel by Janan Cain
- My Many Colored Days by Dr Seuss
- I'm Gonna Like Me by Jamie Lee Curtis
- Beautiful Ooops by Barney Saltzberg
- Brave Bart by Caroline Sheppard
- Wemberly Worried by Kevin Henkes
- When I Feel Afraid by Albert Whitman
- What if it never stops raining? by Nancy Carlson
- Hands are not for hitting by Martine Agassi
- Jessica and the Wolf by Ted Lobby
- Wings of Change by Franklin Hill
- I was so Mad (Little Critter) by Mercer Mayer
- The Five Love Languages of Teenagers by Gary Chapman
- Hear My Roar: A Story of Family Violence by Gillian Watts
- A Terrible Thing Happened by Margaret Holmes
- Glad Monster, Sad Monster by Ed Emberley and Anne Miranda
The Mechanical and Architectural Design / CAD Lab shares a space with the ATC Tutorial and Open Computer Lab in the Wisner-Bottrall Applied Technology Center in room 215.
Hours of the CAD Lab are lised below.
|Monday||12:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||12:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||12:00 pm - 8:00 pm|
|Thursday||12:00 pm - 7:00 pm|
|Saturday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
We offer tutoring in the following classes:
|AR105||Construction Materials 1|
|AR106||Construction Materials 2|
|AR112||Mechanical and Electrical Drafting|
|AR 119||Introduction to Architectural CAD|
|AR 120||Architectural Working Drawings 1|
|AR 121||Architectural Working Drawings 2|
|AR 129||Architectural 3D CAD|
|AR 201||Architectural Graphics 1|
|AR 202||Architectrual Graphics 2|
|AR 208||Design Studio: Commercial Building Design|
|AR 218||Sustainable Residential Design|
|DR 140||Introduction to Inventor|
|DR 150||Introduction to SolidWorks|
|DR 212||Tool Design|
|DR 224||Die Design|
|DR 225||Advanced Die Design|
|DR 229||Detail Drafting|
|DR 241||Mold Design Theory|
|DR 258||Introduction to Pro-Engineering|
|DR 259||Advanced Part Design and Sheet Metal Design|
|DR 260||Introduction to Catia|
|DR 265||Introduction to Designing with Surfaces|
|DR 279||Team Design Project|
|EG 110||Industrial Graphics with CAD|