Login to learn - on your time - at your location with online learning at GRCC!
GRCC meets the needs of students and the community by providing convenient and flexible learning opportunities such as online and hybrid courses. In fact, more than 4,000 students each semester take online courses at GRCC in a wide array of over 130 courses.
Online and hybrid courses follow the semester schedule, have weekly assignment deadlines, require regular participation in discussion boards, and are as rigorous as on-campus courses.
Quick FAQs and Links
- Already enrolled? Login to Blackboard to access your online course.
- Are you interested in taking an online class? If you have never taken an online course before, please take a moment to complete the "Is Online Learning Right for Me" interactive self-assessment, time management activity, and review the technology requirements. You can also check out our sample online course tour [PDF] for a brief overview of what an online class looks like.
- Ready to register for an online course? Check out the Class Search tool for an quick way to see what courses are available. Please use the Online Student Center to register.
- Are you already registered for your first online course? If you have registered for your first online class at GRCC, welcome! We are glad you are joining us online. Please be sure to review our "Online Readiness" information for assistance on getting started.
The Benefits of Learning Online
Life or College? You don’t have to choose!
Learning online minimizes the barriers of time, place, and cost by allowing students to attend class without coming to campus. Online courses often fit into busy schedules through saving travel time and managing work and family obligations around class meeting dates.
Online classes increase educational opportunities and access to students while helping them to achieve their goals.
- Creates additional opportunities for students to continue their learning
- Extends learning beyond the classroom walls
- Fits into busy schedules
- Is flexible and convenient
- Hybrid courses are online courses that include scheduled classroom instruction on campus. Scheduled classroom instruction will not exceed fifty percent of the contact hours for the course.
- Online courses are delivered over the Internet through Blackboard®. Instruction occurs entirely online.*
* Note: Some online courses may require a series of on campus visits for proctored assessments. Please review the syllabus for the course for details and required on campus meeting dates if required.
Michigan Community College Virtual Learning Collaborative
- GRCC offers many courses online, however, if there is a course that we do not currently offer online, you have the option of taking the online course from one of the other community colleges in Michigan.
- All courses and credits are easily and seamlessly transferred.
- For a list of courses available this semester through the MCCVLC, please visit the MCCVLC web site.