If you are an independent and self-motivated learner, online learning may be right for you!
Since the coursework can be completed any time of the day or night, it is ideal for those who are unable to attend regularly scheduled classes. However, if you cannot set and maintain a schedule which allows you to keep up with your coursework and assignments, it is likely you will not successfully complete your online course.
Online and hybrid courses follow the semester schedule, have weekly assignment deadlines, require regular participation in discussion boards, and are as rigorous as on-campus courses.
If you are NEW to online learning, we recommend easing into this modality of learning by taking a single course at first and then adding more courses as you go. This will provide you with a gradual growth and beneficial experiences that will assist you in being successful.
Answering "yes" to the following questions may indicate that online learning is right for you:
- Do you have regular access to a computer and reliable access to the Internet?
- Do you read proficiently?
- Do you manage your time efficiently?
- Are you able to focus and avoid distractions while studying?
- Are you motivated to succeed in school and complete your classes?
As you continue to determine if online learning is right for you, be sure to:
- Take the "Interactive Self-Assessment"
- Use the "Time Management" Activity
- Review the "Technology Requirements"