To find out if a new declaration of academic program will be academically appropriate, please speak with an advisor or use the What-If function in My Degree Path. Students with financial aid should contact the Financial Aid Office at (616) 234-4030 prior to selecting a new academic program to determine if there will be any impact on current or future financial aid. To declare a new academic program (major), log into the Online Student Center.
To successfully declare a new academic program, take into consideration the following:
- Students cannot select an academic program or degree that has already been or will be awarded from GRCC.
- If a student selects his/her current declared academic program (major), this submission will be considered a change of catalog year.
- Selecting a new academic program (major) will place you into the catalog active in the semester the change is effective. For more information, please visit the Catalog Year Information webpage.
- If the program desired is not available in the academic program (major) options, contact the appropriate department for more information.
- Students who are currently listed as non-degree seeking but wish to declare a degree-seeking program may be contacted for additional information.
- Students wishing to change from CDA Fast Track (133) to another academic program need to complete placement testing. Please visit the Enrollment Center to complete this testing and to request a new academic program.
- Students selecting a program with additional admission requirements will need to contact that academic department directly to complete an admission application or interest form.
- Students wishing to select one of our health programs (Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Nursing, Occupational Therapy Assistant, or Radiologic Technology) as their declared program should submit the Health Admissions Application, if it hasn't been submitted already. For more information, please visit the Health Admissions procedures webpage.
- Students wishing to select one of our Criminal Justice Academy Programs (Law Enforcement, Police Academy, or Sheriff's Corrections Academy) for their declared program should contact the Police Academy academic department for more information.
- Students wishing to select the Manufacturing or IT Apprenticeship program should contact the Apprenticeship academic department for more information.
- Students wishing to select Craft Brew should submit the Craft Brew Program Application. For more information please visit the Secchia Institute for Culinary Education webpage.
If you have any questions or have issues processing your declaration of academic program please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.