What to expect
- Bring transcripts (official or unofficial) from any other college or university you attended.
- Bring your questions for the advisor.
- Expect to discuss your academic performance and courses taken.
Questions to ask during your advising appointment
How do I:
- choose, declare or change my major?
- calculate/raise my GPA?
- determine the number of credits I should take each semester?
- know when I have fulfilled the requirements to graduate?
Where do I:
- go for tutoring?
- go for testing services?
- find course transfer equivalencies?
- the MTA program? and how can it help me?
- the difference between the transfer guide and catalog? and which one should I use?
- concurrent enrollment?
- help me identify my career interests?
- help me with my study skills, time management, goal setting and test taking methods?
- I talk to if I have a learning disability?
- make sure I'm taking the right courses?
- assist me with my writing?