Cruisin’ to College is designed to prepare you for life after high school — whether that’s enrolling in college, taking a certification or program, or jumping into your career.
This free summer program will help you:
- Improve your math scores with the ALEKS program.
- Learn skills that increase your employability after high school.
- Get job shadowing experience in your areas of interest.
- Visit four-year college and universities.
- Have fun this summer with free field trips to places like Michigan’s Adventure.
- Earn and save money — students earn a $500 stipend for completing the program.
We provide all of the learning materials, daily breakfasts, lunch on field trip days, and bus passes for transportation to and from the program.
You must have parent or guardian involvement, and the ability to commit to the entire summer program, from June 17-August 9.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a high school freshman at the time of application.
- Take a math assessment test.
- Attend information session and orientation with your parent(s) or guardian(s).
How to apply
**The application period for the 2019 classes has ended. Please check back later to begin applying for the 2020 classes.
Submit the interest form (when enrollment begins).
A program coordinator will reach out to you using the contact information provided on the interest form. They will provide details about upcoming information and orientation sessions.
Attend the information and orientation session with your parent(s) or guardian(s).
Please note that seats are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Cruisin' to College program is an opportunity for Grand Rapids area students, made possible by Believe 2 Become and GRCC.