Early/Middle College is a 13th year experience giving students an opportunity to earn a high school diploma and an associate degree while in high school. We currently partner with Wyoming, Cedar Springs, Ottawa Hills High School, and the Ottawa Area Intermediate School District with local business partner Herman Miller.
The vision of the early/middle college partnership is to provide the opportunity for participating students to earn both a high school diploma and an associate of arts degree in four years. Students will be “dual-enrolled” in high school and college courses, with tuition and regular semester fees for the college courses paid for by the public school and as part of the district’s per pupil state funding, and Herman Miller in the case of Ottawa Area Intermediate School District.
- Application-based program during freshman year, with college courses beginning during their sophomore year.
- Students will be dual-enrolled.
- Students will take fewer high school completion courses and more college degree courses in each subsequent year of high school.
- In the case of by Wyoming Public Schools, college course tuition, regular semester fees and textbooks are paid. Please note: There could be additional course fees that will be out of pocket expenses for students/families.
- Tutoring support and advising/counseling support are offered to the students during the high school day.
For additional information, please contact:
Karen L TenBroeke