Adult Education is offering Citizenship classes sponsored by The WORD ESL and GRCC. The classes are available for anyone preparing for the U.S. Citizenship Exam.
Citizenship class includes a six-week study for citizenship, plus a Citizenship Clinic.
Citizenship Class Requirements
Those ready for the citizenship exam must:
- Have a permanent residence card (green card) for five years or married to a U.S. citizen for 3 years.
- Be able to speak, read, and write in Advance ESL level 3 (CASAS testing).
- Must attend an orientation to gather information.
What do I need for classes?
The Word ESL will provide the instructors, textbooks, printed materials, and consultants to guide the students through the process of filling out the N-400 forms. GRCC will provide the network for class enrollment, classroom space, and building support on Saturdays.
Where are the Citizenship Classes?
Grand Rapids Community College Leslie E. Tassell M-TEC (622 Godfrey SW Grand Rapids, MI 49503)
When are Citizenship Classes offered?
Fall and winter semesters.
$20 deposit and a $5 assessment fee
- Contact Adult Education (616) 234-3172 to be placed in the list
- Register for an Citizenship Orientation.
- Must take CASAS pre-tests and pay $5 non-refundable, testing fee.
Next Citizenship Orientations
Winter Semester: January 2020
Questions? Call (616) 234-3172.