As you learn your way around campus, there are several resources that will help you be more successful academically and can help you with the resources you need for college. Whether you are an athlete, need funding for college, seeking tutoring support or are interested in testing for college credit there's something here for you. Check out the links below to learn more. You can also learn more about taking courses online through Michigan Colleges Online.
- Ford Fieldhouse houses the main gymnasium, swimming pool, weight rooms, racquetball rooms and aerobic rooms. The Ford Fieldhouse provides numerous benefits to the students, faculty and community who use it.
- NCAA National Collegiate Athletic Association; find information about athletic eligibility and more.
- NAIA National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics; athletic eligibility information.
All students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students receiving MEAP, the Michigan Merit Award or the Michigan Competitive Scholarship should contact the Michigan Department of Education for additional information. For information on the Tuition Incentive Program contact (TIP). The GRCC Financial Aid Office also provides a list of scholarships and student loan information.
GRCC Testing Services
Testing Services provides a variety of assessment and placement services. Students can earn college credit by completing CLEP tests or Challenge tests. GRCC nursing students can also complete the HESI test in Testing Services.
Whether you are seeking information for a college entrance exam or looking for a test to earn college credit, there are many online resources. Additionally, many programs require exams for admission. Below are some examples:
- ACT – college admissions test
- SAT – college admissions test
- Advanced Placement (AP) – AP Program gives high school students an opportunity to take college-level courses and exams, and earn credit, advanced placement, or both for college
- College Level Exam Program (CLEP) – provides students of any age with the opportunity to demonstrate college-level achievement through a program of exams in undergraduate college courses
- DSST/DANTES – an extensive series of examinations in college subjects that are comparable undergraduate courses. DSST testing for eligible Service members and personnel at DANTES military Test Centers.
- Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) – the MTTC Registration Bulletin and test dates, as well as information about registering for the MTTC via the Internet
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) –measures the ability of nonnative speakers of English to use and understand North American English as it is used in college and university settings
- Test Prep Review – provide free practice test questions for various test such as ACT, SAT, GMAT, GRE, PCAT, etc.
- Princeton Review – Test Preparation Services, Admissions Services, and K-12 Services
- Kaplan – fee based preparation assistance for standardized tests such as ACT, SAT, PSAT, PCAT, MCAT, GMAT and more.
- Educational Testing Service – educational testing and measurement services
- Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) – specialized test for applicants of pharmacy colleges
- Graduate Records Exam (GRE) – measures analytical writing, verbal, and quantitative skills for graduate admission
- Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) – a test of general skills and abilities that you have acquired over time for admission to a graduate business program
- Law School Admissions Council (LSAC) – info on law school admission, provides law school advisors, and prep materials for the LSAT. The LSAT measures reading and comprehension, organization and information management, critical thinking, analytical skills and the ability to evaluate the reasoning and arguments of others and is used for law school admission.
The Academic Support Center provides tutoring to students in most subjects free of charge. Drop-in tutorial assistance and one-on-one tutoring are available. Drop in labs are available for:
- Advanced Math, Physics & Chemistry Tutorial Lab
- ATC Open Computer Lab
- Biology Learning Center
- Business/Accounting Tutorial Lab
- Computer Assisted Language Learning Lab
- Health Education Learning Lab
- Mathematics Computer Lab
- Mathematics Tutorial Lab
- North Building Computer Lab
- Writing Tutorial Lab
Michigan Colleges Online: Allows current Michigan community college students to take courses from other member colleges.