The Staff Excellence in Education Award honors one staff member for their contributions to the college, higher education and the community.
The Excellence in Education Awards are presented at the August Opening Day by the president. Each recipient receives $1,000 and a $1,000 contribution is also made to the GRCC Foundation in the recipient's name.
Criteria for nominating a colleague
- A nominee is a colleague who has been employed in good standing for at least five years at GRCC, but has not received the award previously.
- All nominations are submitted without the nominee’s knowledge. Please emphasize confidentiality when obtaining comments from nominators and endorsers’ signatures.
- Nominations for non-winning full-time staff will automatically be reconsidered the following year.
- If you'd like to update a nomination, contact the Office of Staff Development via email@example.com or (616) 234-2567 for details.
- A committee representing various staff groups will select the Excellence in Education Staff Award recipient.
How to nominate a colleague
- Complete the Staff Excellence in Education Award Nomination Form.
- Submit to Angela Salinas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to nominate: Friday, May 10, 2019.
View past Excellence in Education Award recipients.