Our goal is to better help you, the community, understand and utilize your technology at GRCC. Below are FAQ's to assist you. As a student, you will encounter many different types of technology here at the college. If you need more help, additional resources are available along the right side of this page.
Student Help Topics
- Online Center
- Student Email (Gmail)
- Google Docs (Gmail)
- Google Cloud Print
- GRCC Wireless Network
Online Student Center
Where? Online Center
What? User ID. Your User ID is a capital ‘W’ followed by your 7 digit student ID number
Why? Check grades Register for classes, Official & Unofficial Transcripts, Print off Enrollment Verification, Pay for classes, Check your Financial Aid information (including FAFSA)
How? If you have not set up your account please visit: Online Center Account Request.
What? Username. Your Username is typically first and last name (e.g. johnsmith)
Why? Blackboard Wireless Network: GRCC Wireless. Campus Computers and Labs Library: RaiderCat Student E-Mail
How? First time students should set up their account at grcc.edu/password
(This page also allows you to reset your password if you have forgotten it.)
Additional Blackboard tips
Student Email (Gmail)
Why? Student E-Mail *Remember, your e-mail account will automatically expire 1 year after your last class has ended.
How? Your username and password is the same as your Blackboard login. Your login will be email@example.com. You must enter the @email.grcc.edu after your username.
GRCC does not provide POP, IMAP or Exchange services for student email. There is no method to get student email other than to log into email.grcc.edu.
Google Docs (Gmail)
Where? Located in your student email account: email.grcc.edu
Why? Google Docs allows you to create, open and save almost any type of document you need for school work without purchasing expensive software.
How? Log into your student email account, and click the Documents link at the top of the page.
Google Cloud Print
Where? google.com/cloudprint, preferably in Google Chrome.
Why? Google Cloud Print allows you to upload documents saved to your personal device and print them wirelessly to a GRCC printer.
- Login using your student e-mail credentials, eg. Username@email.grcc.edu
- Click the PRINT button. This will prompt you to upload a document for printing.
- Select the document you wish to print.
- Select either the GRCCPersonalPrintingGray or GRCCPersonalPrintingColor print queue. As a reminder, black and white prints cost $0.10 per page, and color prints cost $1.00 per page.
- A message stating Print Job Added will confirm that your job has been successfully submitted to your selected print queue.
- Login at the printer to access and print (release) your job/s.
See the following video for more information: Personal Device Printing