High School Articulation

High School Articulation is a process where students may earn articulated college credits for career and technical courses they take in high school. It provides an opportunity for high schools and Grand Rapids Community College to partner, providing an opportunity for students to earn articulated college credit while they are in high school.

How does it work?

The High School instructor must evaluate the student wishing to receive articulated college credit using the Student Achievement Recording Process (SARP), or another method of documentation deemed appropriate by the secondary school. If the student completes the course with a grade of B or higher, the student  will then complete an application for articulated high school credit with the help of their high school counselor. A representative from the high school will then send it in to GRCC's Enrollment Center on behalf of the student. The SARP forms, or other method of documentation, are kept on file at the secondary school. Once a student has applied and been accepted at Grand Rapids Community College as a degree-seeking student, and has met all the criteria for high school articulation, the credits are placed on the student’s transcripts as articulated high school credit. There is no charge for these credits. The student must apply and be accepted to GRCC within two (2) years of high school graduation and submit their application for articulated credit within two (2) years of high school graduation to be eligible for articulated high school credit.

Will the Credits Transfer to Another College?

Articulated high school credit is intended to be used toward the attainment of a terminal degree at GRCC. Articulated high school credit is not intended for transfer. The student should check with the transferring college to see if the credits are eligible for transfer.

High School Student Information

If you are interested in articulating high school classes to Grand Rapids Community College and would like to know if your school has an articulation agreement, contact your high school counselor or teacher.

High School Teacher/Counselor Information

The 2017-2018 Applications for Articulated High School Credit are now available.