GRCC Homecoming Week
Monday, Oct. 21– Thursday, Oct. 24
There are many activities planned throughout the whole week of Homecoming, and even prior to homecoming week, that employees, students, alumni and even families can get involved in. Come show your Raider spirit and take part in one or all of the activities being planned!
Office Decorating Contest!
Departments are encouraged to get into the Homecoming spirit by decorating their offices using the theme – GRCC Raider Pride and Spirit! The Grand Prize Winner receives bagels and coffee for their office!
- Friday, Oct. 18 – start decorating!
- Monday, Oct. 21 by 9 a.m. – final touches and decorating completed.
- Monday, Oct. 21 (afternoon) – judging will take place.
- Tuesday, Oct. 22 – winner announced.
Encouragement Bag Packing
At Fall Opening Day, all faculty and staff were asked to write encouraging notes to our students. We are making bags – encouragement bags – filled with healthy snacks, our encouraging notes, and information about homecoming.
We are asking for help in a couple different ways for this project.
1. Filling Encouragement Bags
- Donate a healthy snack to Student Life and Conduct by Wednesday, Oct. 16.
- Sign-Up to help pack the encouragement bags on Thursday, Oct. 17, SCC 1st Floor - Far Side Room.
2. Distributing Encouragement Bags
Monday, Oct. 21
Picture Perfect Breakfast
Join us on the 4th floor of RJF Hall from 8-9:30 a.m. for pancakes, hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, veggie patties, fruit and juice!
- Encouragement Bag Distribution
- Department Decorating Ends – 9 a.m.
- Department Decorating Contest Judging - Afternoon
Tuesday, Oct. 22
Do it for the 'Gram!: Photo booth and scavenger hunt
Join us on the 1st floor of the Student Center from 1-3:30 p.m. We'll be serving pretzels, pizza, dips, fruit, muffins and hot cider while you're embarking on a scavenger hunt or taking photos with your friends.
Department Decorating Winner Announced
Wednesday, Oct. 23
Winter Clothing Drive
Give what you can, take what you need at the Wisner-Bottrall Applied Technology Center – 2nd Floor (near elevators).
- If you or someone you know is in need, please stop by and pick up anything that will help you or your family.
- Pick-up: 12 – 2 p.m.
- If you have clothing you can donate – please pass on your gently used winter clothes.
- Drop-off: 6 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- For a suggested list of items, please contact Phoenix Noelle (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Women’s and Men’s Alumni Basketball Games
Gerald R. Ford Fieldhouse
- Women’s Game – 5:30 p.m.
- Men’s Game – 7:30 p.m.
Motion in the Ocean
Join us for a public watch of the movie Shark Tale! From 7-10 p.m. at the Ford Fieldhouse Pool.
Thursday, Oct. 24
Calling all Raiders with a Pep Rally!
Join us from 4-6 p.m. at the Commons for food trucks, relay races, hula hoop pass and other fun games.
Show your Raider Pride – wear GRCC gear or Blue and Gold all day!
Golden Raider Retirees Reception
A time for retirees to connect with current retirees and current employees. This is an RSVP-only event. To RSVP, please contact Angela Salinas at email@example.com.
- Heritage Restaurant – 1st floor Wisner-Bottrall Applied Technology Center
- 4 - 6 p.m.
Tailgate & Volleyball Games
Free Admission and free food while it lasts! Invite your family and friends for games and activities.
- 5 p.m. – Alumni Volleyball Game
- 6 p.m. – Tailgate
- 6:30 p.m. – GRCC Raiders Volleyball Game vs. Jackson Jets
Homecoming is planned and sponsored by Campus Activities Board, Alumni Relations, Student Life and Conduct, Athletics, and Human Resources.